Sunday, February 28, 2010

Announcing the 1st Annual St. Joseph Altar Blog Fest

March is the Month of St. Joseph and the ultimate way to give honor to St. Joseph is with your very own St. Joseph Altar. Sounds intimidating, but it really isn't. There are certain guidelines that will help you get started, but remember, it's your Altar and it should reflect you and your family. Our first home Altar consisted of a cake, some cookies, and coloring pages by the kids! It's a family affair, so be sure to get everyone involved.

A bit of history will help you begin your planning, and here are some altar photos for inspiration.

Now that I have (hopefully) talked you into putting up your very own St. Joseph Altar, I invite you join the 1st Annual St. Joseph Altar Blog Fest. To be included, make a blog post about your Altar, including details and pics, then link it here. I will begin the linking on the March 19 Feast of St. Joseph and continue till the end of March. Simple or extravagant, we want to see it! So come back on March 19 to link your Altar post. In the meantime, head to the Virtual St. Joseph Altar for all the info you need to get started planning your Altar.

Feel free to grab this button for your blog. Spread the word and let's get lots of others involved -- just link it back to this post.


13 comments:

Charlotte (Matilda) said...

We plan on making our little steps to St. Joseph again this year and will be happy to join the blog fest!

Evann said...

Glad to have you, Charlotte! Spread the word.

Jessica said...

Sounds great! I added the button to the side bar at Catholic Cuisine.

kimberly said...

We're happy to join your festival, Evann! We assembled our first altar last year and are happily anticipating this year's feast. Thank you for your wonderful resources...

Elizabeth C. said...

This sounds wonderful. We'll join but unfortunately the blog I do have is set on private (for the time being). So, I may not be able to link the post. Either way...a grateful family in California will celebrate this wonderful saint with an altar.

Thanks again!

Evann said...

Jessica, Kimberly & Elizabeth, I can't wait to see your Altars. Elizabeth -- Perhaps you can send me a photo :)

Elizabeth C. said...

Thanks Evann! I sure will send you pictures.

Also, I just emailed everyone in our Catholic homeschooled group and invited them to join and have sent them your way.

PNG said...

Thanks, Evann! I was able to grab your button and post it on my blog. Looking forward to the Feast of St. Joseph!:)

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

Yay! I love blog parties, and I'm putting the button up in my sidebar :-)

This will be our first St. Joseph altar- I'm very excited!

Barbara said...

I live in a little New York City apartment, but still celebrate this tradition by making a 3-D paper Saint Joseph's Day altar! It's a lot of fun and looks great tucked on one end of the dining table beside the small feast I prepare for close friends. (Never have been able to find a public SJD table in NYC!)

Ivy said...

NOVENA TO SAINT JOSEPH

To say every day for nine consecutive days:

Remember, most pure spouse of Mary, ever Virgin, my loving protector, Saint Joseph, that no one ever had recourse to your protection or asked for your aid without obtaining relief. Confiding, therefore, in your goodness, I come before you and humbly implore you. Despise not my petitions, foster-father of the Redeemer, but graciously receive them. Amen
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be

Scrapping in Circles said...

Thank you for your wonderful site. We have our little Joseph because of the blessings we received from St. Joseph.

I'd love to post the button on my blog, but I can't figure out how to do it. Let me know.

God bless!

Evann said...

Good morning, Scrapping! You first need to donwload the button to your computer, then upload it to your blog. Please set it to link back to http://stjosephaltar.blogspot.com/2010/03/1st-annual-st-joseph-altar-blog-fest.html.

I do hope you will join us. Viva San Giuseppe!