Saturday, March 19, 2011

Goodie bag from St. Louis Cathedral

Today someone brought my Mom a goodie bag from the St. Joseph Altar at the St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans. It was the most elaborate goodie bag we've ever come across! Here were the contents:
  • a little prayer book
  • a charming little medal in a plastic case with a prayer (shown below)
  • a sheet telling all about the altar
  • three fava beans
  • a slice of Italian bread (delicious and fresh)
  • six Italian cookies
Wow! Viva San Giuseppe!

1 comment:

Michael Boucher said...

I'm from Michigan wintering in Florida. An Ohoian and former fellow educator with whom I worked directed me to your website following a visit to your church's outreach to the poor. He was quite impressed with your efforts to help the poor. Keep up the great work on behalf of our fellow travelers on this earthly exile! I've never been to New Orleans, but I now have an address to search out when I get there.
Pax Vobiscum.